WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Friday 11 November 2011

REMEMBER

I have made this card in honour of Remembrance Day. My father stills goes out selling Poppies - Bless him. Not so sure about this year though as he has only just moved into sheltered accomodation as he is getting a bit fragile now :-)
Anyway, I have made this card using a photo from the 'Web' and the image is by Ellephantastic and is a freebie for Round 6 of the CDAC Progressive Challenge, where I shall be entering this. The poppies are from my Hannah Hay 'Poppies & Daisies' CD. I have decoupaged the Bear and the poppies for added depth :-)






Challenges I am entering :
Simon Says Stamp - Photo Inspiration Poppy Field


12 comments:

  1. Wonderful thought for the image. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love this what a great idea & use of the images. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I hope you dont mind I have shared this on my facebook. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ike,
    Wow.... Ok now able to speak... type...
    I love your colouring on the bear & plane! Love how you added that particular picture, and was able to make it look like of course it belongs there. Great tribute to your dad. Love how you did your Poppy flowers too! Awesome job Miss Thing!
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous card and very clever how you made the teddy & plane image fit with the background. Sorry my Mum's poem made you cry - it makes me cry every time I read it too! Thanks for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, that is an amazing card!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday challenge this week!
    Have a great weekend, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card.
    Thanks for joining in at the SimonSaysChallenge this week.

    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOW wonderful is this??? What a wonderful gift to give a veteran. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative and I love how this turned out! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really well done! How sweet of your Daddy. I'm sure these Rememberance cards are especially meaningful to him. xxD

    ReplyDelete