WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Thursday 2 February 2012

STRANGE SKIN NEW RELEASE BLOG HOP & 50% OFF SALE




Hi everyone -It’s been quite a while since the dynamic duo (Pam and Jorge) of STRANGE SKIN released some new images. But boy, has it been worth the wait! Today they are releasing 4, yes - FOUR new sets that are all going to help you get your freak on. They’ve got something for everyone with this release, even if having a bit of the creep factor isn’t your thing. And trust me when I tell you, no one has images like these!
I was delighted to be invited to participate in this New Release Blog Hop and if you arrived from the Blog of the Awesome SARA, then you are going the right way. We have one heck of a hop for you today. There are gals from all different circles, using all different styles. And you are sure to love everything you see. The hop will of course start at Pam’s Blog, so if you haven’t gone there, please head on back to check her here. The complete blog roll is below. And to shop the new images, visit their Etsy shop HERE. And don’t forget!!! Today is the last day that you can get ANY of their original digis for half price! Yup! 50% off of their original sets. The new release items from today are not included in the sale. I do hope you are enjoying the hop and here is the list in case you got lost somewhere along the way :-)    ...........     
Ike (That’s Me)


I was lucky enough to be given a free digi to work with - 'BUGS - BEE' - and I already had one of their fantastic Vampires - 'FANGTASTIC VAMPIRE GIRL'. I have been admiring some fabulous tags lately that I have been seeing around the Blogs, so I decided to have a go myself. I coloured my images digitally and have used papers from Crafty Chaos  - 'Under A Blood Red Moon' set. I used 'Kassie's Brocade' embossing folder from Cuttlebug for one piece, and then I tore out a section to stick to my tag. I distressed it a little with sandpaper. I have just got myself a distressing tool thingy from Making Memories, so I whizzed round the outside of my tag with that. This is a bit new for me and I'm not sure I like the effect I got, but I have seen it done on lots of things so thought I would have a try :-) Then I printed my Vampire out 4 times and fussy cut her, then decoupaged with silicone to make her 3D. I made a flower from some silky, gauzy material and stuck it to my tag. Then I printed my Bee 3 times and fussy cut him to to make him layered 3D. I painted his wings with a little glitter glue for added shine, I put some on her hair too but it doesn't show that well. Finally I added some strips of the same gauzy material at the top - I burnt the edges to stop it fraying and I like the crispy look !!  So, here she is.....




Here's a close-up of my freebee - get it ?? LoL 




Here's a peek at the New Releases. they are awesome :-)




Right - now you have to Hop back to Pam's Blog for a final comment. There will be a Prize for 1 lucky commenter - TWO digis of Pam's choice - but you must comment on all the Blogs on the Hop AND on Pam's twice... once at the beginning and again when you finish the Hop :-D 

17 comments:

  1. Amazing!
    I look forward to Friday - your new proposal - FRIDAY FREEBIE 4!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ike, this is so totally fang-tastic!!! I love the combo of the two images. I love the layering of the bee. I love the embossing folder you used, the crispy edges of your ribbon....well, I love everything! You did a "Killer Bee-utiful" job on this tag. It's awesome. Thank you SO much for hopping with Strange Skin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful, love it, wonderful depth of colour and texture, really awesome work.
    hugs
    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fabulous job with your freebee! I'm loving the colours, the combo of images, and the textures here! Awesome coloring and layering everything! To use one of your quotes "Cosmic"! I really need to learn new words as "Awesome" is getting old :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my GOSH!!! This tag is ... WOW! I love every SINGLE THING about it. The color, the texture, the composition and the way you colored and used these images. IKE, I am in heaven just gazing on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!! Completely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ike you have done a wonderful job on this tag! I love that vamp image and love the way added the bee! Yep, I got it... Freebee! LOL! I love your quirky sense of humor! Hugs and Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome work love it
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ike, I have been trying to contact you. Please email me at heatonup@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is just GORGEOUS, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's fabulous!

    I really love the Wonderland and the women stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this tag it is gorgeous and love that vamp girl too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Ike! Fab tag! Love the deep dark tones and way the two images compliment each other. Super work! Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ike! Sorry I'm so late to leave you a comment! Thank you so much for joining our hop, we really appreciate it! I love what you did with this project! The bee looks great, and our vampy girl is just stellar!! I love the whole damn thing! <3

    ReplyDelete