WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Thursday 6 September 2012

QUEST 13 AT QUOTH THE RAVEN

Hello Poe Peeps and welcome to Quest 13 over at QUOTH THE RAVEN.
Our Quest this time is inspired by the story 'Some Words With A Mummy' - Poe's dig at the obsession that the Victorians had for Egyptology and stuff. Really very funny !! It was quite a change for him to write thusly :-)
Here's a little quotette :-D ........... .

"Come to me, by all means, my dear good friend, as soon as you receive this. Come and help us to rejoice. At last, by long persevering diplomacy, I have gained the assent of the Directors of the City Museum, to my examination of the Mummy --- you know the one I mean. I have permission to unswathe it and open it, if desirable. A few friends only will be present -- you, of course. The Mummy is now at my house, and we shall begin to unroll it at eleven tonight".

We also have exciting news for you - the very talented SHELL has accepted our invitation to join our DT at Quoth The Raven and she has done the most amazing first project for us. You just have to go over and see :-D It's awesome and creppy/funny at both the same time :-D LoL

Now, this week I had a silly stupid idea put to me by my other half, as I was a bit stressed and short of time and my Mojo was definitely NOT playing the game for this Quest. I laughed when he suggested it and had pictures flashing in my mind straight away, so came down to draw. This is what I ended up with :-D

Also lurking in there is a wonderful little digi Mummy that I bought yesterday from the amazing SPYDER. She's got some fine digis - pop over and see - and she also does freebies on her Blog. 
I used a border and picture of Poe from the Web. I also found a Heiroglyph alphabet but I wouldn't be too sure on it being accurate !! LoL  Any guesses as to what it says ???? 
Whoever gets it first will receive a little Prize from me :-)  Just drop me a quick email. x
So anyways - here it is....  Click on Pic to enlarge....


Sorry the quality is not brilliant... my camera is still mucking about and on it's last legs. New one is arriving by Donkey mail !!! :-(

I hope you will come over and have a look at the wonderful creations my fellow Minions of The Master have made to show you and also play along with us :-) This is a Month long Quest, so you have plenty of time. If you would like to read the full Poe story, please go HERE.


3 comments:

  1. LMAO! Another FAB Creation Ike...... Love your sense of humour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gave me a good chuckle Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! I am going to start visiting your blog when ever I feel like a need to smile or giggle because you never let me down! I am so happy that I get to work along side you at QTR xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete