WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Thursday 1 May 2014

QUOTH THE RAVEN CHALLENGE #32 - RAVING RAVENS

Good morning Peeps,
Here I am with my pieces for this month's Challenge over at QUOTH THE RAVEN... QUEST #32 RAVING RAVENS.
I got carried away with my Ravens this time and made two projects.
My first one is a large Tag - 20cm x 12cm on which I have printed the poem THE RAVEN - by Edgar Allan POE. If you would like to read it then pop over HERE.

I bought a new tool from the local hardware shop that puts those eyelet thingies in but, unfortunately, I got the metal bit the wrong way round when I squoze them first time, so I naffed it up a bit. Hey ho - still .. nothing's supposed to be perfect in crafting right ??!!
My Raven was printed 7 times and fussy cut into layers :-D

Materials used:

POE rubber stamp and Raven Digi stamp from Smeared Ink.
Buff tag 16cm x 8cm from stash.
Poem The Raven from POE site linked above.
Font used  - Charmed ii
Die cut Candelabra was a prezzie from someone.
Black Ink. 
Scrap of corrugated cardboard, + backing paper from stash.
Gold pen on candles and Raven quote.
chocolate box for backing tag.

Here is my second offering this time. I have converted another of those fabbo little ciggy boxes that my friend smokes (she's given me lots of them) and have covered it inside and out with papers from a scrapbook kit called "Black & White"  by Daniela Austen Designs.



The Raven, Backing Plate and Nevermore are all from the rubber stamp kit "Quoth The Raven" from Smeared Ink.
This raven was stamped just 4 times and again fussy cut and layered with silicone to make him 3D.
The whole creation was then coated with water based varnish to protect it.
I sell a lot of this little boxes at craft 'DO's' here as people like them to put little gifts in, and I love to decorate them in different ways :-D 

Well - there's me for the time being. I hope you will pop over to QUOTH THE RAVEN to see what my Teamie Buddies have made to inspire you this time and maybe you might play along with us too. Remember - it doesn't HAVE to be gory and scary at QTR but it must be associated with EDGAR ALLAN POE






6 comments:

  1. Cool tag and fab box Oh Talented One xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! love the tag so much. seems your gift to do tags with so much on them that is meaningful! if you pop over to my blog - I've given you something to play. have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha - just popped back and then I saw As.I.Do.Rodos' comment - LOVE the word play! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is almost like you are doing paper tole with some of your creations. My mom has a box of stuff that is half done that she has given me. I'm still trying to find the right kind of card to attach it to but you always provide fabulous inspiration to get me thinking in that direction.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Ike, I just truly LOVE both of your Poe projects! They turned out terrific! Great job!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete