WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Wednesday 10 February 2016

MORE STAMPING + SOMETHING NEW

I am on a roll this afternoon and feeling very creative. I have seen some great techniques and ideas the last couple of days that I am just busting to try....... so many things - so little time!!!! :-)

I saw this afternoon, a great technique of using Masking Tape in different ways over on CLUB SCRAP and I decided to have a play with that and my new clear stamp set " LOVE BIRDS " from Woodware Clear Magic sets.

I tore up the masking tape and stuck it down and then used ink pads in different shades of yellow to smear over the top. Then I used the flower from the stamp set on top of that. The little bird was stamped onto card and coloured with Promarkers and then cut out and mounted on foamies for a bit of pop.


Looking back at the examples now - I think in my rush and excitement to try this, I made a couple of errors - I should have had the masking tape running across as well as up and down, and I should have stamped the flower after I took the tapes off.
I quite like the effect I got though :-)


Challenges I am entering:

Club Scrap - February Technique Challenge.

10 comments:

  1. Well I love it just as it is . . . and it's a lovely great dollop of sunshine on this dreary and cold day. THANK YOU xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful great effect Ginny x
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, very cool way to use the tape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rays of sunshine! Thanks for playing with us at Club Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks like sun rays too! REALLY cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! Love this adorable birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that the tape strips look like rays of sunshine. So cute!

    ReplyDelete